Kevin Keller, the first out gay character in the history of Archie Comics (about twenty to thirty years too late to be frank) has proved such a sales success in the Veronica comic book, that not only did he inspire the company’s first second printing of an Archie comic, but now has his own four issue mini-series by his creator, Dan Parent.
Will this give the company the opportunity to take that second important step – and give Kevin a boyfriend? Or will he have two young men chasing him who he finds difficult to choose between, Barney and Vernon?
The success, or not, of the series will determine whether or not Kevin will have an ongoing series.
An ongoing series with a male gay lead? Hell, not even Marvel or DC have been that progressive. Looks like Archie are catching up!
- Yes, Comics Can Break Your Heart… but They Can Mend It, Too - February 25, 2018
- Trekker: Thirty Years and Counting on the Trail with Mercy St. Clair - February 25, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 25th February 2018 – Superman Readers Disturbed About Bendis - February 25, 2018
- The Art of Making Money and the Dark Side of Graphic Design - February 25, 2018
- Michael B. Jordan Really Wanted to Play T’Challa in Black Panther - February 24, 2018