Kevin Keller, the first out gay character in the history of Archie Comics (about twenty to thirty years too late to be frank) has proved such a sales success in the Veronica comic book, that not only did he inspire the company’s first second printing of an Archie comic, but now has his own four issue mini-series by his creator, Dan Parent.
Will this give the company the opportunity to take that second important step – and give Kevin a boyfriend? Or will he have two young men chasing him who he finds difficult to choose between, Barney and Vernon?
The success, or not, of the series will determine whether or not Kevin will have an ongoing series.
An ongoing series with a male gay lead? Hell, not even Marvel or DC have been that progressive. Looks like Archie are catching up!
- Christian Ward on Approaching Invisible Kingdom With G Willow Wilson, at Thought Bubble - September 22, 2018
- Thought Bubble 2018 Walkthrough – From One Side Of The Show To The Other (VIDEO) - September 22, 2018
- The Night Before Thought Bubble 2018 In Photos - September 22, 2018
- Daily LITG – 22nd September 2018 – The Night Before… - September 22, 2018
- Comic Store In Your Future – 8 Years In Fact - September 21, 2018