Today, Marvel ship 39 regular comic book titles to comic stores in the US and Canada, the UK getting their copies tomorrow. Plus another 14 variant covers and a bunch of trades. This is an unprecedented amount of comics from one publisher to hit in one week, an amount not seen since the extremes of the mid nineties.
Firstly, congratulations to Marvel for the enormous achievement of shipping so many books in one week, it takes a lot of work. And odds are there are a bunch of good titles. Personally I will be buying Astonishing X-Men #30, Dark Avengers #6, Immortal Iron Fist #27, New Avengers #54, Secret Warriors #5 and the Ultimates Omnibus.
Marvel Comics are a strong reliable staple for many comic shops. Unfortunately, this means that many other comic titles, may be squeezed off the shelf.
Avatar, publishers of this BleedingCool managed to dodge a bullet with only variant cover issues of Crossed and Anna Mercury shipping…
But here’s a link to BleedingCool reviews of other titles coming out from other publishers today…
Sherlock Holmes #2 (okay, last week, but still)
This article will update through the day.
DC declined to make any of their shipping comics available for review, but I’ll pop into the comic shop tomorrow.
- Ten Thoughts About Doctor Who Series 11 Episode 7, “Kerblam” - November 18, 2018
- Doctor Who Season 11 Episode 8: Alan Cummings Comes to “The Witchfinders” - November 18, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List 18th November 2018 – ‘Hard To Sell What We Do Not Get’ - November 18, 2018
- Penultimate Issue of Alan Moore and Kevin O’Neill’s Cinema Purgatorio in Avatar Press’ February 2019 Solicits - November 18, 2018
- AfterShock Comics Launches Stronghold. Oberon and a Hit Lunch Special in February 2019 Solicits - November 18, 2018