Sneak peek Kyle Baker artwork was been released for the entertainingly numbered Deadpool#900, featuring Deadpool in a series of swanky locations. But how were those locations discovered?
Well, googling “Limousine Interior” gives you the following as the third result.
And “hotel lobby” isn’t too far behind.
It does sure make for a pretty comic! However, talking to Kyle, he tells me how this is just a work in progress, not intended for publication. And here is the finished version after quite some considerable creative layers.
Kyle Baker insists on full disclosure, telling me “The leopard skin texture is from a real leopard. The leopard has signed a release, though, so we should be okay… You might worry about using Marvel’s copyrighted material on your site, but I assure you it’s protected by the Law as Fair Use, a rule which states that copyrighted material such as photographs may be repurposed as long as it is substantially altered so as not to compete with the original source material in the marketplace.”
I’d better repurpose away as soon as possible then!
In Swipe File we present two or more images that resemble each other to some degree. They may be homages, parodies, ironic appropriations, coincidences or works of the lightbox. We trust you, the reader, to make that judgment yourself. If you are unable to do so, please return your eyes to their maker before any further damage is done. The Swipe File doesn’t judge, it’s interested more in the process of creation, how work influences other work, how new work comes from old, and sometimes how the same ideas emerge simultanoeulsy, as if their time has just come. The Swipe File was named after the advertising industry habit where writers and artist collect images and lines they admire to inspire them in their work. It was swiped from the Comic Journal who originally ran this column, as well as the now defunct Swipe Of The Week website.
Deadpool copyright Marvel Entertainment.
- Avatar Press Has 753 Comics On Sale On Comixology Right Now - July 20, 2018
- Dale Eaglesham’s Shazam With Geoff Johns in November – and a Killing Zone That Will Span a Political Century - July 20, 2018
- The Men (and It Is The Men) Who Design the Marvel Costumes That Everyone Cosplays From – Marvel Studios 10 Years Panel at SDCC - July 20, 2018
- Everything You Knew About Marvel Comics Was Wrong – #MarvelDeclassified On Monday - July 20, 2018
- San Diego Zoo Joins In the Comics Exclusives With Vixen And The Justice League: Wildlife Heroes - July 20, 2018