Asmodee Digital has been making PC versions of several board games for a while now, and they’re about to tackle a Game Of Thrones title. The company has announced they’ll be making A Game Of Thrones: The Board Game – Digital Edition, set to be released sometime in 2020. The game will take many of the mechanics and properties of the board game and incorporate them into a proper gaming format for online multiplayer and solo against the AI. Here’s hoping they can recreate the backstabbing that often comes with sessions.
King Robert Baratheon is dead, and the lands of Westeros brace for battle. Take on the roles of the great Houses of the Kingdoms of Westeros, as they vie for control of the Iron Throne through the use of diplomacy and warfare. The faithful adaptation of the acclaimed board game includes a modern take on the UI & UX, as well as the board and meeples being replaced by animated 3D units. It also features a digital-exclusive campaign following events from the books. Experience the real feel of Westeros’ politics and military by mustering your armies, influence other kingdoms, forge alliances, betray, conquer new territories and claim the Iron Throne.
- Number of Players: solo (vs AI), up to 6 human players.
- Multiplayer: online.
- Game Duration: 60 to 120 min.
- Social strategy game: alliances, betrayals, intrigue and politics play a crucial role.
- Online experience: the digital platform’s advantages for setting up multiplayer game sessions are improved even more by specific social tools allowing for easy & efficient player interaction. Play online with players from all over the world, combined with AIs if need be and ranked on a Leaderboard showcasing the true ruler of Westeros!
- Interactive AI: a strong AI system allowing players to play against an AI that will answer and offer social interactions in solo and online games.
- Enhanced graphical elements based on the physical board game assets (board, meeples, tokens).
- Step by step tutorial to smoothly discover and learn a deeply strategic board game.
- Campaign unique to the digital game – a dozen scenarios focused on the War of the 5 Kings where the player takes on the role of Lannister, Baratheon, Tyrell, and Greyjoy in the fallout of King Robert Baratheon’s death.
The game will include:
- The digital adaptation of the board game (2nd edition).
- Digital-exclusive tutorial missions.
- Digital-exclusive challenges.