Welcome to the pretty-much-mostly-daily Lying In The Gutters. A run around the day before and the day ahead. You can sign up to receive it as an e-mail here.
The 11 most-read stories yesterday
- Marvel Make Selling “Celebrate Stan Lee” Comics a Firing Offense
- Jonathan Hickman Fooled Me Twice, Shame On Me – Powers Of X #6 Finale Spoilers
- Doctor Doom Does Brexit in New Marvel Comic
- Did the House Of X Sow the Seeds of Its Undoing in Powers Of X #6 Finale? Spoilers…
- “Mortal Kombat 11” Fans Trolled By Terminator Victory Screen
- This Preview of Amazing Spider-Man #31 is Not Approved by the Comics Code Authority
- The Doom Signal Starts a Hostile Takeover in DC Comics (Hawkman, Supergirl, JLO, Harley Quinn, Deathstroke and Catwoman Spoilers)
- How DC Comics’ 85 Year History May Reveal Leviathan in Event Leviathan #5 – and Even Doomsday Clock (Spoilers)
- Was WWE’s Hell in a Cell Fiasco Part of Long-Term Scheme to Make Roman Reigns “The Guy?”
- “Magic: The Gathering: Arena” to Make Emergency Ban Announcement
- No, We Won’t Get a Batman/Thor Crossover For Their Final Issues – But We Will Get Beta Ray Bill For 2020
- Today’s Amazing Spider-Man #31 Narrows the Odds of Kindred’s Identity (Spoilers)
- Is Rob Liefeld Going to Sue Marvel Comics?
- Damian Wayne, Definitely Vegetarian No More – and a Tease For 5G? Superman #16 (Spoilers)
- Green Lantern Brings The Willpower In New XM Studios Statue
And one year ago…
- Superman Shares His Plan to Kill Batman With Superboy (Superman #4 Spoilers)
- The Ending of Immortal Hulk #7 Entrenches It as a Horror Comic (Spoilers)
- Welcome to the X-Men, Mukus, Hope You Survive the Experience – New Character Debut in X-Men Mojo Black
- DC Publisher Jim Lee Talks About Changing Black Label Comics In The Shadow Of The Batpenis
- Venom’s Green Saliva Explained in Today’s Venom #7 (Spoilers)
- Los Angeles Comic Con, Los Angeles Convention Center, Los Angeles, until Sunday.
- Portfolio Consultation with Jonathan Cape. In a small group of 8, you will share your portfolio in a supportive, intimate, and collaborative environment. This session is recommended specifically to Illustrators who wish to showcase and develop their work in Comics and Graphic Narratives. This event is curated to make sure that the group is comprised with creatives showing clear interest and skillset in developing their work in Comics or Graphic Novels. We want to ensure that those selected will benefit most from the session. Tickets £25. Open to AOI Members ONLY. Hoxton Arches, Arch 402 Cremer Street, London, 1-3pm.
And a happy birthday to…
- Colin McMahon, owner of Pittsburgh Comics
- Wonder Woman and Secret Files editor and Teen Titans Go writer Ivan Cohen
- Cartoonist Jim Woodring
- Letterer and colourist Kathryn Meyer