New World Interactive and Focus Home Interactive announced six more months of free content for Insurgency: Sandstorm on PC, which was outlined in a roadmap they published today.
The new content includes level editor tools, two new game maps, night versions of various maps, new weapons and equipment, as well as a new rule set, and new game modes to go along with. It’s a ton of content coming for the game within the next six months. New World Interactive thanked their fantastic community support for providing feedback, which helped shape the 2019 roadmap.
The updates will start rolling out in July.
The six major updates coming to Insurgency: Sandstorm in the next few months includes:
- Level editor and tools – mod support is coming!
- Two new maps – includes a snow map and another yet to be revealed
- Night versions of maps – this includes the release of special nighttime equipment
- New weapons and equipment – toggleable optics, mini-shotgun attachments and more are planned, along with others based on post-launch community surveys
- Hardcore ruleset across all modes – the option for hardcore rulesets will be made available to every game mode
- PvP Frontline & Co-op Outpost game modes – these two new game modes were chosen in Sandstorm’s first community survey. Frontline features two teams in a tug-of-war over multiple objectives to reach and destroy their enemy’s weapon cache. Outpost allows players to go on the defensive at randomized locations against waves of enemy AI.
- New character customization – many more cosmetics will be added, for both Insurgent and Security teams.
You can find out more information on all of the proposed changes in the Community Update posted to Steam by lead designer Michael Tsarouhas.
Insurgency: Sandstorm is available now on PC via Steam. New World Interactive dropped a ton of content into the game back in May, so the content updates just keep rolling.