Paradox Interactive has announced a new story DLC pack for their grand strategy sci-fi game called Stellaris: Ancient Relics, which will add two new Precursors for players to investigate, forgotten Relic Worlds to explore, and several archaeological treasures to unearth. Called Ancient Relics, the new DLC is focused on the past civilizations of the Stellaris universe, particularly the Baol and Zroni precursor civilizations. The Baol were a sprawling race of hivemind plantoid creatures while the Zroni were some of the most powerful psionics to have ever lived.
And now, Stellaris players get to unearth the history of both civilizations by collecting valuable ancient relics.
Stellaris: Ancient Relics boasts the following features:
- Said Ancient Relics: Collect and acquire valuable relics in your adventures as rewards for overcoming major crises or after completing a dig at an archaeological site and solving the chapters. Each relic gives significant benefits to your empire to aid in your interstellar escapades.
- Those Who Came Before: Encounter clues about two extinct Precursor civilizations, the Baol and the Zroni, the former a sprawling hivemind of plantoids, the latter some of the most the most powerful psionics to have ever lived. Players can investigate these home systems to understand who they were and, more importantly, what one can learn from their demise.
- Relic Worlds: Once filled with teeming life, these Relic Worlds now lie dead, replete with desolate ruins and dormant mysteries. Players can excavate guaranteed archeological sites on these worlds to explore these remnants and bring to light powerful relics and artifacts.
- Dig In: Hit the dirt on a variety of enigmatic and alien worlds with more archeology sites available for your empire to study… or plunder. Each site begins a story with between one and six chapters to investigate. Retrace the history to discover artifacts and relics that can be boons to your empire.
- Matter of Artifacts: Learning from history is much more than parables and antiques, it can often be the key to understanding one’s own place in the galaxy. Utilizing archaeological research, discover Minor Artifacts, a new resource type which can help empower one’s empire.
Stellaris is available now on PC, Linux, Mac, Xbox One, and PS4. Ancient Relics will be releasing on PC, Mac, and Linux soon.
You can check out the new Stellaris trailer below.