Iceberg Interactive and Corbie Games have released a new gameplay trailer today for Railroad Corporation as the game finally gets an Early Access date. The game will officially be coming to Steam on May 27th, giving you many of the options you’ll see in the trailer below, but it won’t be a complete version of the game. We had fun trying this one out at PAX East this year, and anyone with a love of trains and sim games will get a kick out of it. Enjoy the trailer along with the official description.
Begin your career as an ambitious employee of a 19th century railroad company, in the Golden Age of Steam. Manage the business by obeying the directions of your bosses. Build railroads, tunnels and bridges to towns and cities old and new, and decide how to use the railroad to the best advantage of the company. Marvel at the stunningly beautiful scenery that you must blast, dig and tunnel through – nothing must stop the railroad! If you excel, you will get the chance to set up your own railroad corporation, build up the local economy and earn your fortune in the New World. In order to be the very best, you must involve yourself in every aspect of your railroad empire: making new investment decisions, lobbying politicians, managing the global resources of your business empire, and constantly looking over your shoulder at the competition.
- Build and manage your very own 19th Century Railroad Corporation, using track, tunnels, bridges and rolling stock
- Historically accurate locomotives and rolling stock to choose from – research and upgrade stock as you become more successful
- Blast, dig and tunnel through a beautiful landscape, from town-to-town
- Exert your influence on towns and cities, buy real-estate and run a vast business empire
- Engage in political lobbying, play the stock market and defend your huge business empire against your enemies
- Compete with a friend in the online multiplayer beta