Perhaps it’s a coincidence, but Jake Gyllenhaal finds himself in another story about surreal visions.
The Donnie Darko star plays Morf Vandewalt, an art gallery owner who comes across a series of works by a mysterious artist. The trailer is nothing what it seems when it sets the scene, because of how it sets up the Los Angeles art scene in a dialogue-driven with mundane pacing.
As we’re introduced to the artist’s painting and sculptures, they are admired by many until the works reveal their true supernatural nature. They come alive terrorizing anyone who dares to get close.
Directed and written by Dan Gilroy, Velvet Buzzsaw looks to be a more traditional horror film playing up the characters own vices to be their undoing, rather than just generating a body count for gore’s sake.
The film reunites Gilroy with his Nightcrawler (2014) stars Gyllenhaal and Rene Russo in an ensemble cast with Toni Collette, Billy Magnussen, and John Malkovich.
The film will see a limited release in theaters and streamed on Netflix on February 1, 2019. Are you looking forward to seeing this? Sound off.
- Netflix Releases New Trailer for FYRE Fest Documentary
- The Punisher Season 2: Frank's The One Who Does The Killing (OFFICIAL TRAILER)
- 'Polar' Trailer Reveals Mads Mikkelsen’s Ice Cold Veins
- Netflix Releases Trailer for 'IO' Starring Anthony Mackie
- 2 Trailers for Spider-Man: Far From Home Could Land as Early as This Weekend
- Spider-Man: Far From Home Wraps as Tom Holland Shares Some Images
- Sundance 2018 Line-Up: World Documentary, NEXT, and Premieres