Among the latest issues GameStop is dealing with, it appears two different companies are looking at acquiring the video game retailer. According to The Wall Street Journal, two companies are currently eyeing the business as their latest purchase, identified as Sycamore Partners and Apollo Global Management. Neither company would comment on the situation and, as far as industry insiders can tell, no one really knows why either company is interested in the business.
The popular theory online is that Apollo has a habit of taking businesses that have, shall we say, become less popular over time and turning that around to make them popular or at least profitable again. It would be a nice little feather in the cap if the company managed to do that with GameStop, but that’s assuming that is the goal. We truly won’t know either company’s intentions for a few more weeks, if it is true they’re going to try and acquire them. But either way, new ownership may just be the thing this company needs.
- Holy Potatoes! We’re In Space?! Announced for PS4 and Nintendo Switch
- Funko Round-Up: Kingdom Hearts 3 and Toy Story!
- BC Toy Spotting: Captain Marvel, Funko, Batman, NECA, WWE, and More!
- BC Toy Spotting: New Years Spotting! Marvel Legends, LEGO, Funko, and More!
- More Discounts Have Been Added to the PlayStation Classic
- NECA Reveals a Gamestop Exclusive Ultimate Gremlins Figure