The Golden Globes happened just last night in Los Angeles, and Marvel Studios boss Kevin Feige was in attendance to support the Marvel Cinematic Universe Best Picture nominee Black Panther. Feige walked the red carpet, spoke with MTV News, and offered some insight into the possible brewing “rivalry” with Marvel Studios’ former director James Gunn.
If you’ll recall, Disney fired the Guardians of the Galaxy writer/director, and has yet to announce a replacement filmmaker for the planned GotG Vol 3. Gunn has since been tapped by Warner Bros. to head the Suicide Squad sequel, as well as other in-the-works projects.
MTV’s Josh Horowitz asked Feige about a possible point of contention with Gunn going from Marvel to DC, and Feige responded:
“I don’t see a rivalry, I see cool films being made. And one thing you know about James Gunn, he makes cool films. I went to see Aquaman last night and I really, really enjoyed it. And you know me, I’ve always supported [them].
Guardians will happen. When, where, how? For a later time.”
No word yet on whats’ happening on the GotG Vol 3 front, or when we may see Gunn’s Suicide Squad 2, but we’ll of course keep you in the loop as we hear things.
Marvel Studios’ next superhero film Captain Marvel hits theaters on March 8th 2019, and Warner Bros. DC Comics feature Aquaman is currently in theaters now.
- Did James Gunn Have Any Involvement with 'Captain Marvel'?
- With 'Captain Marvel', Samuel L. Jackson's Marvel Studios Contract is Up, But...
- CES: Warner Bros And Intel Use Batman to Demo Self-Driving Cars
- Report: James Gunn To Write All New Suicide Squad For Warner Bros.
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3' on Hold, Production Crew Dismissed
- Sources Say Warner Bros. Wants James Gunn Post-Disney Exit
- Dave Bautista Says He'll Quit If Disney Scraps James Gunn's Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 Script