STARZ series Outlander is hitting a pretty big tv milestone tonight with their fourth season eighth episode, “Wilmington”. It’ll be the landmark 50th for the time travel series, and they pull out all the stops to present the next chapter of the story.
There is also the matter of the official Twitter account for the series posting a PSA reminding viewers that the series is intended for mature audiences only, and warning of portrayal of sexual violence in “Wilmington”.
VIEWER DISCRETION: Tonight's episode is suitable for mature audiences only and includes portrayal of sexual violence. #Outlander
— Outlander (@Outlander_STARZ) December 23, 2018
Readers of Diana Gabaldon‘s source material “Outlander” book series no doubt know what’s coming- we’ve already been introduced to character Stephen Bonnet (Ed Speelers) who will become a not-so-small part of the misfortune that plague the Frasers in the New World. And, it was only a matter of time before a rather harsh occurrence happens, facilitated by Bonnet.
As a reviewer for the series, I have already watched the episode, and can tell you only that the scene is portrayed mostly off-screen; but those who are sensitive to depictions of sexual violence may want to avoid this episode.
So, be advised- mature audiences only, and those who need trigger warnings for such things in their media, this is an episode you can read a recap of, or maybe have someone fast forward it for you if you need it.
Outlander season 4 airs on STARZ on Sundays.
- What's Gonna Happen in 'Outlander' S4E11, "If Not For Hope"?!
- Lets Talk About 'Outlander' Season 4 Episode 9, "The Birds & The Bees"
- Maril Davis on THAT Scene from 'Outlander' s4e8 "Wilmington"
- Diana Gabaldon Confirms Outlander Book 9 2019 Release Date
- Whats Gonna Happen in 'Outlander' Season 4 Episode 8, "Wilmington"?!
- Let's Talk About 'Outlander' S4e7, "Down The Rabbit Hole"
- 'Outlander' EPs On THAT Character Switch, [SPOILER]'s Return
- Whats Gonna Happen in 'Outlander' Season 4 Episode 7 "Down The Rabbit Hole"?!