As of this week, it is less than a year to go before Star Wars: Episode IX hits theaters. This of course means news about the Cosmic Conflict Saga gets more and more likely on a daily basis. [Although we’re pretty positive if we’re getting any new-news about IX it’ll be during the Disney Parks Parade happening on Christmas Day and broadcast on ABC, as well as during Star Wars Celebration, April 11th-15th 2019.]
What we DO have right now is a report sourced from Empire Magazine‘s end of the year film spectacular issue, which includes a quote from John Boyega, which reveals the timeline of where Episode IX falls in the franchise.
“John Boyega has confirmed the film take place roughly one year after the events of The Last Jedi…”
— Star Wars Stuff (@starwarstuff) December 22, 2018
The final chapter in the story of the Skywalker clan stars Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Kelly Marie Tran, Mark Hamill, Billy Dee Williams, Lupita Nyong’o, Domhnall Gleeson, Keri Russell, Richard E. Grant, Naomi Ackie, Dominic Monaghan, Anthony Daniels, Joonas Suotamo, Billie Lourd, and Carrie Fisher. J.J. Abrams returns to the Star Wars fold to direct, from a script by Abrams and Chris Terio.
Star Wars: Episode IX is set to hit theaters on December 20th, 2019.
- Mark Hamill Teases 'Star Wars: Episode IX' "Title"
- Jon Kasdan Reminds Us 'Solo: A Star Wars Story' Could Have Opened TONIGHT
- Rian Johnson's Heartfelt 'The Last Jedi' Thanks, 1 Year Later
- 'Star Wars: Episode IX' Will Be "Magical" Says Billie Lourd
- Richard E. Grant asked JJ Abrams to Pinch Him Because 'Star Wars'
- Dominic Monaghan Joins 'Star Wars: Episode IX' Cast