Infinity Ward, the developers of several Call Of Duty games, received a bomb threat yesterday, forcing them to evacuate their Los Angeles office. Yesterday saw a series of bomb threats made across the country that were deemed “credible” by law enforcement, one of which was made to the game studio. According to Kotaku, police arrived and asked that the building be evacuated, which was done without any issue.
The threat came from a series of threats that included high schools, government buildings, and other institutions, all demanding $20,000 in Bitcoin via email. No devices were found at any of the scenes, leading the entire situation to be a hoax. (You can see one of the emails sent below.) We’ll follow this story and see what develops, but whoever did this is looking at federal charges as these were made in multiple states.
— Lance King (@analogfusion) December 13, 2018
- The Next Black Ops 4 Zombies DLC Includes Helena Bonham Carter and Kiefer Sutherland
- Treyarch Reveals Details to Black Ops 4 Next DLC Absolute Zero
- Marcelo Ferreira Comes to Marvel For Friendly Neighbourhood Spider-Man
- Call of Duty World League Scores an Impressive Set of Sponsors
- Watch a 5-Year-Old Save Her Dad in Black Ops 4