Midwinter Entertainment announced a new co-op game last night at The Game Awards called Scavengers. Midwinter Entertainment have previous credits making the Warzone mode in Halo 5: Guardians, so the competitive co-op experience in Scavengers should feel a bit familiar.
The trailer was run during the award show with little information, but you can find out more about the game on the official website.
From what we know so far, it appears that players will form groups using several classes in order to take part in large scale battles against and alongside AI enemies. While the game is clearly cooperative, the teams won’t be set in stone, so you can absolutely turn on your teammates once the allegiance has ended.
Playtests for Scavengers will begin early 2019, though sign ups are open now.
You can check out the trailer from The Game Awards below.
In a not-so-distant future, a cataclysmic event has led to a new ice age, and a vast, frozen wasteland awaits exploration. The best chance of overcoming the challenges of this post-apocalyptic world is by working together. Faced with extreme weather and limited resources, hostile inhabitants and opposing players, explorers must team up to complete objectives, improve their gear, weapons, and tools, and ensure the survival of the human race.
Scavengers is a survival shooter “co-opetition” game from Midwinter Entertainment, an independent development studio founded by game industry veterans with the mission of creating meaningful connections through experiences that demand teamwork.
- BioWare Gives More Details on Anthem’s Demo - December 7, 2018
- Silent Hill and Legacy of Kain Tested for PlayStation Classic - December 7, 2018
- Com2uS Releases New Gameplay Preview for Skylanders: Ring of Heroes - December 7, 2018
- In Case You Missed it: Here’s Every Announcement from The Game Awards - December 7, 2018
- Midwinter Entertainment Reveals Co-op Shooter Scavengers - December 7, 2018