Human head Studios released a ton of info about Survived By coming to Early Access, along with a new trailer at The Game Awards. The game is officially available today on December 6th for you to try out, as you will try to complete the work of your ancestors… which is you who died earlier. Enjoy the trailer!
Key Features in Survived By Include:
- Approachable yet Challenging: As a new player, jumping into the battle in the Heartland is easy and rewarding. Log-in for rewards, escape into a variety of dungeons, and play around with the expanded customization options like character dyes, skins, and attachments. Survived By offers great challenges and rewards for those with hours to invest and explore, while still being fun for those who only have time for quick play sessions.
- Permadeath is Just the Beginning: Unlike other bullet hell rougelites, players regenerate health, survive longer, and don’t need to dodge everything to stay alive. But every time a player dies, they lose almost everything. With the game’s unique Ancestral Legacy system, they’re survived by a new descendant who carries a small part of their legacy (game DNA) with them the next time they play.
- Building With the Community: Since Closed Beta, Survived By has updated frequently with new content and exciting features such as storyline quests, dungeons and rotating events, built with its community’s voice and desires in mind. With Steam Early Access, we’ll continue to grow the Heartland alongside our players.
- Craft Weapons to Slay the Hordes: Players craft and wield powerful projectile weapons as they confront an array of Beasts on their journey. Arming themselves with magic, steel and special abilities, players craft increasing deadly weapons that provide tactical options tailored to their character class. Examples of weapon upgrades range from a single bullet that can pass through multiple enemies to a short-range blast of multiple waving projectiles, to name just a couple. There is so much more!
- Gorgeous Pixel-Art World: Team up with friends and others to explore a huge beautifully rendered pixel-art world. Journey through imaginative, expansive landscapes that tweak familiar Western fantasy concepts with seemingly impossible situations, adorable looking miniature characters, and witty dialog, all set in a colossal living tree.
- Fair Free-To-Play Model: Survived By is designed as a fair free-to-play experience that’s fun for everyone, not just those who pay. No part of progression is locked away behind a paywall. Players are encouraged to trade items such as attachments, dyes, skins, and more with other players using Bloodstones and Electrum.