It’s always fun to spot reinterpreted scenes from Watchmen appearing in its unauthorised sequel, Doomsday Clock. Even if the issue hasn’t been formally published yet…
We looked at how the final page of Watchmen had been reinterpreted for Doomsday Clock #8, by Geoff Johns and Gary Frank, but it’s far from the only one.
Such as this scene from Watchmen #3, as Dr Manhattan is hemmed into the crowd by the intrusive media…
He doesn’t react well.
Something similar happens to Firestorm in Doomsday Clock #8. Though in Moscow rather than the USA, a similar hemming in occurs… as Leave Me Alone becomes Let Go Of Me…
A different result, as in Watchmen, it’s just a little spatial difference.
But it has a similar effect on the media.
Could Dr Manhattan be playing out the more significant moments in his life but getting others to do it for him? Almost as if he were the puppet master?
Doomsday Clock #8 is published on the 5th of December 2018.
DOOMSDAY CLOCK #8 (OF 12)
(W) Geoff Johns (A/CA) Gary Frank
The critical and commercial hit series by Geoff Johns and Gary Frank continues following the shocking revelations of last issue. As the truth behind Dr. Manhattan’s actions against the DC Universe are revealed, Ozymandias turns to the only being who can stop him: Superman.In Shops: Dec 05, 2018
- New Teaser Poster For 2019’s Sonic The Hedgehog Movie - December 10, 2018
- Everything Shortbox Published in 2018 - December 10, 2018
- The British Museum to Put on Largest Manga Exhibition in the World, Outside of Japan - December 10, 2018
- Tolkien In Love, Now Available From the BBC, Free, Worldwide - December 10, 2018
- Is New Year’s Day’s Doctor Who Actually Called Resolution Of The Daleks? - December 9, 2018