My Best Friend’s Exorcism, the 2016 novel by author Grady Hendrix, is coming to to theaters. Endeavor Content won a bidding war for the rights to the book, with Happy Death Day writer-director Christopher Landon producing with an eye to direct. The publisher, Quirk Books, will also produce. Awkward writer Jenna Lamia will pen the script.
The story, set in 1988, follows the relationship of two best friends, Abby and Gretchen. After an evening of skinny-dipping goes disastrously wrong, Gretchen begins to act more and more different, as Abby slowly comes to believe her friend has become demonically possessed. Both girls must soon face a tough question: Is their friendship strong enough to beat the Devil?
I found this book in a store by chance one day, and I could not put it down. Hendrix does a great job blending humor and horror, and I actually can’t think of a better pairing creatively than Landon. The characters are so well written in the novel, its one of the best novels featuring teenagers I have read in a long time. Many reviews compared the book to “The Exorcist if you mixed it with Heathers“, and that is pretty accurate. Seriously: pick up this book. You will be glad you did.
As more announcements for this one come in, you can bet we will bring them to you.
My Best Friend’s Exorcism has no cast or release date as of this time.
- BC Toy Spotting: Fortnite, Funko, LEGO Movie 2, Star Wars, WWE, and More! - December 16, 2018
- Batman Your Kitchen With These New Seven 20 Products - December 13, 2018
- Magneto Gets a New Sixth Scale Figure From Sideshow Collectibles - December 13, 2018
- Greg Kinnear Will Enter Jordan Peele’s Twilight Zone - December 13, 2018
- Friday The 13th Part 3 Corpse Pamela Voorhees Figure Coming From NECA - December 13, 2018