President Donald Trump took to Twitter last night to weigh in on the ongoing vote count in Arizona’s midterm election, the latest tallies of which have Arizona’s Kyrsten Sinema (D) ahead of Martha McSally (R) by razor-thin margin. And, seemingly without any justification, Trump decided to throw some doubt on the whole electoral process, alleging electoral corruption.
Just out — in Arizona, SIGNATURES DON’T MATCH. Electoral corruption – Call for a new Election? We must protect our Democracy!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) November 9, 2018
The President has an interesting relationship with fiction after all. So it felt oddly appropriate when the official Twitter account for the DC Universe comics/movies/TV streaming service tweeted out this eyebrow-raising response:
Which was certainly an interesting choice when it comes to social media promotion.
So what happened? Was the intern given possession of the Twitter account? Was this the work of a disgruntled employee on the way out? Did someone want a dramatic way to get fired?
Nope. I understand through DC sources that this was a hack.
Might I suggest that The DC Universe – and representatives of any other corporate Twitter accounts reading this article – consider switching to a two-stage authentication?
Would Trump even use the service? We know how much Donald Trump likes Bane, but sadly The Dark Knight Rises is unavailable on the DC Universe streaming service right now. Perhaps he’d like to watch Superman IV: The Quest for Peace instead? It could become his favourite, you never know. Would he empathise more with Superman, Nuclear Man or Luthor?
- When Wonder Woman and Captain America Challenge US Government Policy - November 14, 2018
- Venom #8 And Captain America #5 Have Very Similar Final Page Twists… (SPOILERS) - November 14, 2018
- When Was Iceman In the Fantastic Four? (Spoilers) - November 14, 2018
- Speculators, Meet Erika The Red in Thor #7 (Spoilers) - November 14, 2018
- Stan Lee’s ‘With Great Power’ In Today’s Comic Books – and Playboy Magazine - November 14, 2018