The cast for Godzilla vs Kong continues to grow. The movie is rumored to start production sometime this month and we’ve had quite a few casting announcements come alone. We just got another announcement from Variety that Jessica Henwick, best known for her roles on Game of Thrones and Iron Fist has joined the cast of the kaiju movie in an unknown role.
Henwick’s schedule recently opened up when Netflix decided to cancel Iron Fist after two seasons. There have been a lot of rumors and speculation about whether or not Colleen Wing would return in some capacity. That speculation got a little louder when Luke Cage was also canceled and people wondered if an Heroes for Hire or a Daughters of the Dragon series were in the works. Henwick joining this cast does seem to indicate that maybe those two series aren’t happening.
The cast for Godzilla vs. Kong is still a little bit in flux. Alexander Skarsgård, Eiza Gonzalez, Rebecca Hall Julian Dennison, Demián Bichir, and Brian Tyree Henry are all confirmed to star. Names such as Danai Gurira, Millie Bobby Brown, Kyle Chandler, and Zhang Ziyi, the latter three of which are set to star in Godzilla: King of the Monsters next year, are also being floated around in various capacities. Adam Wingard is set to direct the production which currently has a May 22, 2020 release date.
- Johnny Depp Continues to Shatter the Magic of Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - November 16, 2018
- 5 New Character Posters for Mary Poppins Returns - November 16, 2018
- DC Universe Announces the Premiere Date for Young Justice: Outsiders - November 16, 2018
- Instant Family Review: A Genuinely Funny and Sincere Family Comedy - November 16, 2018
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Review: The Crime of Poorly Paced Exposition - November 15, 2018