Today during the Disney quarterly earnings call, Bob Iger revealed a TON of planned films and series for the streaming service, now called Disney+.
The one that surprised us the most (and also excited us the most) is the reveal of a Rogue One: A Star Wars Story prequel SERIES starring Diego Luna as his R1 character, Cassian Andor. Hopefully this means more K2?
In a statement published on Star Wars.com, Luna said:
“Going back to the Star Wars universe is very special for me. I have so many memories of the great work we did together and the relationships I made throughout the journey. We have a fantastic adventure ahead of us, and this new exciting format will give us the chance to explore this character more deeply.”
While we don’t know any details yet, we do know the streaming service will be launching sometime in 2019.
- Disney+ Cassian Andor 'Star Wars' Series to Start Production in 2019
- Disney+ 'Rogue One' Series Adds Stephen Schiff as Showrunner
- Ben Mendelsohn Addresses the Extensive Rogue One Reshoots
- Disney+ Star Wars Series 'The Mandalorian' Will Star Pedro Pascal
- We LOVE this Indiana Jones Animated Adventure Short
- Theft at Star Wars Mandalorian Set Suspiciously Occurs the Same Week George Lucas Visits
- 'The Mandalorian': Jon Favreau Teases Familiar Star Wars Prop
- 'Star Wars' Spinoff Film Was Going to Use Tatooine as Setting
- The Next Star Wars Spinoff Should Be About Young Princess Leia Organa