Matthew Taylor‘s Mondo prints usually sell from $50 to $100. But his next work should cost a little less. $3.99, for covers to Boom Studios’ Buffy The Vampire Slayer series.
And they’ve also shown off the cover to #2 which indicates that the vampire Drusilla will be introduced to this Buffy reboot, as ‘The Mistress’ alongside Spike.
The reimagining of Joss Whedon’s groundbreaking series continues as Drusilla, the self-proclaimed Mistress and her pet, Spike, make their debut with their sights set on Buffy! Meanwhile, Giles is determined to teach Buffy about her destiny, responsibility, blah blah…can someone tell him to chill? How bad can it get?
Welcome back to the Hellmouth as Eisner Award nominated writer Jordie Bellaire (Redlands) and Russ Manning award-winning artist Dan Mora (Klaus, Saban’s Go Go Power Rangers), along with series creator and story consultant Joss Whedon (the visionary writer/director behind Firefly, Marvel’s The Avengers, and more), reimagine the groundbreaking pop culture phenomenon from the very beginning.
BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER #2 features a main cover by Taylor, along with covers by superstars Kevin Wada (She-Hulk), Celia Lowenthal (Over The Garden Wall: Hollow Town), and Audrey Mok (Archie).
Buffy The Vampire Slayer #1 is scheduled for January 8th, with #2 following on February 13th.
Executive Editor Jeanine Schaefer is quoted as saying “This is the Buffy Summers you know – but her world is just a little bit different, which is why we’re so excited to have Matthew Taylor introduce Drusilla as The Mistress! If you were a fan of Drusilla and Spike – c’mon, who wasn’t? – then you’re in for a treat as they come to Sunnydale with much different intentions than you’ve ever seen before. And maybe some tortured poetry as well, emphasis on the tortured part.”
BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER #1
(W) Jordie Bellaire (A) Dan Mora
• Go back to the beginning as the critically acclaimed pop culture phenomenon Buffy The Vampire Slayer is reimagined under the guidance of series creator Joss Whedon.
• This is the Buffy Summers you know, who wants what every average teenager wants: friends at her new school, decent grades, and to escape her imposed destiny as the next in a long line of vampire slayers tasked with defeating the forces of evil.
• But her world looks a lot more like the one outside your window, as Eisner Award-Nominated writer Jordie Bellaire (Redlands) and Russ Manning Award-Winner Dan Mora (Saban’s Go Go Power Rangers) bring Buffy into a new era with new challenges, new friends…and a few enemies you might already recognize. But the more things change, the more they stay the same, as the Gang faces brand new Big Bads, and the threat lurking beneath the perfectly manicured exterior of Sunnydale High confirms what every teenager has always known: high school truly is hell.
• WELCOME BACK TO THE HELLMOUTH, FOR THE FIRST TIME! In Shops: Jan 09, 2019 SRP: $3.99
- Frankensteining Marvel Comics Solicitations for February 2019 - November 18, 2018
- The Daily LITG – 18th November 2018 – Happy Birthday, Alan Moore - November 18, 2018
- Looks Like Leviathan Begins in Action Comics #1007 - November 17, 2018
- Todd Matthy’s Writer’s Commentary on Robots Vs Princesses #3 - November 17, 2018
- Viz Announce My Hero Academia: Smash, Komi Can’t Communicate, Beastars and Automatic Eve for 2019 - November 17, 2018