While there is quite a bit of hype for Aquaman that doesn’t mean that Warner Bros. doesn’t potentially have a problem. They are opening up against Bumblebee and within days of not only Mary Poppins Returns and Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse. There are not guarantees as to who is going to make money or even break even with a release schedule like this. Warner Bros. is ramping up the promotional material for Aquaman since they have a lot riding on this movies success. They released a new TV spot that shows off some of the humor and perhaps the tone we can expect from this movie.
After the forced humor of Justice League this movie is at least looking a little more lighthearted. It is a movie about a guy who can talk to fish so being a little funnier is likely the right way to go. Also, for all that star Jason Momoa can pull off serious with his role in Game of Thrones, his personality in real life is much more bubbly [pun intended]. The direction they are going with Arthur Curry feels pretty tailor made for their star.
Summary: Arthur Curry learns that he is the heir to the underwater kingdom of Atlantis, and must step forward to lead his people and to be a hero to the world.
Aquaman is directed by James Wan, stars Jason Momoa, Amber Heard, Nicole Kidman, Patrick Wilson, Willem Dafoe, and will hit theaters on December 21st.
- Johnny Depp Continues to Shatter the Magic of Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - November 16, 2018
- 5 New Character Posters for Mary Poppins Returns - November 16, 2018
- DC Universe Announces the Premiere Date for Young Justice: Outsiders - November 16, 2018
- Instant Family Review: A Genuinely Funny and Sincere Family Comedy - November 16, 2018
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Review: The Crime of Poorly Paced Exposition - November 15, 2018