Tomorrow sees the publication of Superman/Top Cat, the latest in DC Comics’ Hanna Barbera crossover titles for fifth weeks. And as a continuity begins to grow between the books I am told that tomorrow’s comic has a crossover for Marvel’s X-Men. Not the most recent issues, sure, but, but one from their glorious Uncanny past. I am told to think Chris Claremont and John Byrne…
Marvel Comics and DC Comics have vehemently not run any crossovers for years. First DC Comics wouldn’t do it while Marvel still employed Joe Quesada, now neither publisher seems to have any desire to do so.
But there have been a fair few in-jokes over the years, with Grant Morrison‘s Multiversity being the biggest. and DC’s New Age Of Heroes line giving us DC’s take on the Fantastic Four, Hulk, Spider-Man and Punisher. Well, the more they hint at it, the more likely it may happen for real.
And tomorrow, I am told, is a very big hint indeed… and it comes written by Dan DiDio.
SUPERMAN TOP CAT SPECIAL #1
(W) Dan DiDio, J.M DeMatteis (A) Tom Mandrake (A/CA) Shane Davis
It’s Superman versus super food with Top Cat caught in the middle. While searching for his missing friend Bennie, TC uncovers a dietary danger that threatens the healthier portions of mankind, and it’s up to the Man of Steel to stop the probiotic menace of Kalien! In the salad bar, no one can hear you scream. Plus, part four of a Secret Squirrel backup story written by J.M. DeMatteis. In Shops: Oct 31, 2018 SRP: $4.99
- So How Old Are Valeria Richards, Franklin Richards and Jonathan Kent Now? (Spoilers) - November 14, 2018
- When Wonder Woman and Captain America Challenge US Government Policy - November 14, 2018
- Venom #8 And Captain America #5 Have Very Similar Final Page Twists… (SPOILERS) - November 14, 2018
- When Was Iceman In the Fantastic Four? (Spoilers) - November 14, 2018
- Speculators, Meet Erika The Red in Thor #7 (Spoilers) - November 14, 2018