If there was a movie that was almost guaranteed to make somewhere around all the money in the world this holiday season it’s Mary Poppins Returns. Thus far the trailers and images have been stirring up all the feels for fans of the original movie including one of its stars. USA Today> recently did their fall preview and got the chance to speak to Lin-Manuel Miranda about what it was like being in the movie as a huge fan of the original.
“…it is not the toughest, from an acting perspective, to be pinching myself that I was going on adventures with Mary Poppins.”
Along with a new image of Miranda’s character of Jack Miranda also talked a little bit about his character knows that Mary Poppins was a very real person while the Bank’s kids have mostly written the entire experience off.
“The Banks kids have grown up and think they made up their adventures with Poppins,” Miranda says. “They’ve convinced themselves those were just fantasies we had as children. But Jack’s never forgotten. He’s well aware of the magic she brings when she arrives.”
Jack was an apprentice of Burt originally played by Dick Van Dyke in the first movie so he knows the truth. If you want a tease of some of the new songs Disney shared a special look a few days ago.
Summary: Decades after her original visit, the magical nanny returns to help the Banks siblings and Michael’s children through a difficult time in their lives.
Mary Poppins Returns, directed by Rob Marshall, stars Emily Blunt, Lin-Manuel Miranda, Colin Firth, Meryl Streep, Ben Whishaw, and Julie Walters. It will be released on December 25th.
- Going Back to Cherry Tree Lane in New 'Mary Poppins Returns' Video
- 7 New Photos from 'Mary Poppins Returns' Courtesy of EW
- Check Out EW's Practically Perfect 'Mary Poppins Returns' Holiday Issue
- Wanna Know Lin-Manuel Miranda's 5 Favorite Musicals?
- Johnny Depp Continues to Shatter the Magic of Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - November 16, 2018
- 5 New Character Posters for Mary Poppins Returns - November 16, 2018
- DC Universe Announces the Premiere Date for Young Justice: Outsiders - November 16, 2018
- Instant Family Review: A Genuinely Funny and Sincere Family Comedy - November 16, 2018
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Review: The Crime of Poorly Paced Exposition - November 15, 2018