While some of Loot Crate’s boxes have returned to normal shipping times, there are still some coming in late, like the September Loot Crate DX box. Not a complete bummer as we got it a couple weeks ago, but still waiting to get them in the month they arrive is a little trying. We cracked open last month’s box and see what we got this time around.
This month’s theme was “Invaders”, which centers around aliens and extraterrestrial life in pop culture. So first off we start with the pin, which in an Invader Zim pin featuring Zim and GIR. I actually liked this design a lot and it does justice to the show very well, with some great enamel work on the paint job. Aside from the fact that it has a metal stopper on the back, this is a really awesome pin.
Next up is a pint glass, which we seem to be getting a few of these recently from Loot Box, but this one is from Predator. There’s nothing too fancy about this particular glass, it has the Predator symbol frosted across the side, but the glass itself is just a regular pint glass that doesn’t do anything special. It looks really cool with some beer in it, as well as soda, surprisingly. It’s a must-have for any fans of the franchise.
Moving onto Venom, we have a beanie with the character’s face on it. Now, this may look like an average beanie, but it actually has a double function that’s kinda cool. If you pull the brim down, it changes so you have a small mesh panel that you can see through. This is particularly fun as this will serve people will in cold months as it covers most of your face but still allows you to walk around with it on. We loved this item, and we encourage you to not NOT it for anything criminal.
Next up is a stand-alone item as you get an X-Files dimensional poster. Basically, it’s Mulder’s “I Want To Believe” poster made into a plastic stand, but it has a 3D UFO that you insert into it so that the poster shows up from a distance. It doesn’t light up or do anything extra, it’s basically a desk poster with something extra thrown into the mix. But it still looks really cool and it will fit well next to all my X-Files DVDs.
Finally, this month, instead of a t-shirt the company sent something a little different. We got a pair of lounge pants with an Alien theme. I found these to be funny and comfortable, although I can’t deny, there is a part of me that looks at them and can’t help think that I’m a 10-year-old again. The pattern is sweet as you get a combination of xenomorph forms mixed among the stars. This is a winner in my opinion, and it fits pretty much any size waist well.
Overall, this month’s Loot Crate DX was a pretty good box. I didn’t have a lot of complaints about the products or the materials and thought that everything served its purpose well. This one was a winner in my mind. I look forward to seeing October’s box, which I don’t think I’ll see until mid-November.
- What’s in the Box?!: Loot Gaming – November 2018
- What’s in the Box?! – Loot Tees – October 2018
- What’s in the Box?!: Loot Gaming – October 2018
- What’s in the Box?! – Loot Tees – September 2018
- What’s in the Box?!: Loot Gaming – September 2018
- What's In The Box?!: Loot Crate DX - August 2018
- What’s in the Box?!: Loot Gaming – August 2018
- Cliff Bleszinski Announces He’s Done With Video Games - November 18, 2018
- Valve Has Already Added a Beta Update to Artifact - November 18, 2018
- Three Nukes Crashed the Fallout 76 Server in Spectacular Fashion - November 18, 2018
- Hi-Rez Studios Lays Out Details For Crossplay on Multiple Games - November 18, 2018
- Frostpunk to Receive an Endless Mode Update Shortly - November 18, 2018