For our second Halloween Week episode, the Castle Team look at the amazing 1953 film War of the Worlds starring Gene Barry. This is a film that turned out to be darker than we expected because the lessons of the film– basically man is screwed in some catastrophes and smart people won’t be able to help– resonate perhaps more hopelessly today than in the mid-century. But boy is it good to look at.
Listen on YouTube:
Check out the Trailer:
Castle of Horror/Castle Talk Podcast:
Join us over on Facebook to chime in.
The Team: Hosted by Jason Henderson, author of the upcoming Young Captain Nemo creator of the HarperTeen novel series Alex Van Helsing; Featuring Drew Edwards, creator of Halloween Man; Tony Salvaggio, lead singer of the band Deserts of Mars, lead guitarist of the band Rise from Fire, and co-creator of Clockwerx from Humanoids; attorney Julia Guzman of Guzman Immigration of Denver; and Jamie Bahr, lead singer and upright bassist of the rock and roll band Danger*Cakes.
- Castle of Horror: 'Rue Morgue' Showed Bela Lugosi's Weird Versatility
- Castle of Horror: Paul Lynde Halloween Special, Torturous Ordeal OR A Revelation
- Castle Talk- 'Halloween: Hallowtide' Hero's Battle for Spirit of Halloween
- Castle of Horror: Halloween 2018 Sets A New Standard For Sequels
- Castle Talk: Killer Kate! Director To Recreate Tight, Claustrophobic Thrillers
- Castle Talk: Jordi O'Dael, Aberrant Theatre Co-Founder on The Ghost Light Anthology
- Castle of Horror: Halloween 6 Brought 'Halloween' Continuity To Mind-Bending Precipice
- Castle Talk: Amy Lukavics' Nightingale Is A Harrowing Journey Into Madhouses
- Castle of Horror: Halloween 5 Took The Halloween Series Careening Out Of Control