Halloween tore up the box office over the weekend, making $77 million and reinvigorating one of the oldest horror franchises out there. After such a huge success, it would be foolish to think they are not already thinking about sequels. But what of Jamie Lee Curtis? She has of course returned to the franchise multiple times before this years film. Halloween: H20 and Resurrection were retconned out of the series continuity, but she did play Laurie Strode in both. In an interview with Empire Australia, she gave a pretty simple answer when asked if she would return again:
“If David Gordon Green called me up and said let’s do another Halloween, I would do another Halloween,” Curtis emphatically stated.
“Because he did such a beautiful job creating this movie,” she added.
It would be ideal to have her back at least one more time. She is fantastic in the film, and as a fan I always want to see her in this role. My problem is that with where the ending of the film leaves things, it would cheapen the entire idea of this one. The whole point of this film was to show Laurie stand up to her foe and ultimately end her trauma once and for all. For her to finally find peace. More or less, this was accomplished. If the next one is just more “Michael is back!” and slashing around with the Strode women trying to stop him yet again, it takes away from the power of the ending to this one. We shall see though.
Halloween is now in theaters.
- NECA’s Bride of Chucky Two Pack Details and Pics Released - November 12, 2018
- Veronica Mars Casts Clifton Collins Jr. and Izabela Vidovic in Revival - November 12, 2018
- Let’s Take a Look at the Marvel Legends Archangel Figure - November 10, 2018
- BC Toy Spotting: Marvel Legends, Star Wars Black Series, and Disney Store Finds! - November 10, 2018
- Let’s Take a Look at McFarlane Toys Stranger Things Ghostbusters Figure Set - November 10, 2018