It was a classic Garth Ennis storyline. After decades of smoking, John Constantine, one of the most powerful sorcerors on Earth (or at least that was the con he managed people to believe) was diagnosed with stage 3 lung cancer.
His solution was to sell his soul to three competing demons in Hell, so that rather than tear Hell apart in a battle for his soul when he died, they had to keep him alive.
By, very painfully, ripping the cancer from him.
This was partially reprised in the Constantine movie, redeemed and going to Heaven, Lucifer rips out the cancer to give Constantine a lifetime of chances to return to hell.
But this John Constantine in the current DC Universe, messing around with all the capes, is one who doesn’t have that history anymore. Or does he?
Looks like he might have. Or something close to it. And it looks like it’s back… in today’s Wonder Woman #57, part of the Witching Hour crossover.
Will John Constantine be going to hell again? Or does he have another con job planned?
WONDER WOMAN #57 (WITCHING HOUR)
(W) James TynionIV (A) Emanuela Lupacchino, Ray McCarthy (CA) David Yardin
“The Witching Hour” part four! As Hecate’s new world is born, Wonder Woman is under the goddess’ total control! This is magic’s darkest hour-one of the most powerful magicians of all time may not survive! In Shops: Oct 24, 2018 SRP: $3.99
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes Of Grindelwald Spoiler Free Video Review + Cast Introduction From London Screening - November 14, 2018
- DC Comics are Really Crucifying Red Hood These Days - November 14, 2018
- So How Old Are Valeria Richards, Franklin Richards and Jonathan Kent Now? (Spoilers) - November 14, 2018
- When Wonder Woman and Captain America Challenge US Government Policy - November 14, 2018
- Venom #8 And Captain America #5 Have Very Similar Final Page Twists… (SPOILERS) - November 14, 2018