Today’s Moon Knight #200 is the final issue of the series – and its writer Max Bemis talking to Bleeding Cool about stopping writing for Marvel and the difficulties in getting this issue out.
But that was just the writing, the artist creds for this final oversized issue sees past artists return to the issue, including Jacen Burrows, Jeff Lemire and Bill Sienkiewicz. The comic takes some interesting storytelling approached including two packed double-page spreads that take similar but ultimately different worldless approaches to portraying fight scenes on the comic book page.
Bemis talked to us about how he used the comic book as therapy, taking the role or Marc Spector describing it as “a book written bŷ a mentally ill Jew about a mentally ill Jew” and also giving the role of Spector’s daughter to his own daughter.
Which gave the one-page return of Jeff Lemire to Moon Knight #200 an added emotional depth, as Jeff draws the page meant to have been drawn by her…
And a brand new Moon Girl for the future…
MOON KNIGHT #200
(W) Max Bemis (A) Jacen Burrows, Paul Davidson, Bill Sienkiewicz, Jeff Lemire and others (CA) Becky Cloonan
• MARC SPECTOR comes face-to-face with his demons!
• Old enemies return!
• It’s a celebration of 200 issues of the multifaceted MOON KNIGHT with an oversized anniversary issue you’d be crazy to miss! Rated T+In Shops: Oct 24, 2018 SRP: $4.99
- The Daily LITG – 15th November 2018 – Happy Birthday, Heidi - November 15, 2018
- 6 New X-Men Comic Books for February 2019 - November 14, 2018
- Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes Of Grindelwald Spoiler Free Video Review + Cast Introduction From London Screening - November 14, 2018
- DC Comics are Really Crucifying Red Hood These Days - November 14, 2018
- So How Old Are Valeria Richards, Franklin Richards and Jonathan Kent Now? (Spoilers) - November 14, 2018