2000AD‘s Zombo strip by Al Ewing and Henry Flint back in 2012 gave us President Donald Trump of the Earth.
Six years later and he’s back, in today’s Judge Dredd: Toxic #1 from American publishers IDW, by Paul Jenkins and Marco Castiello… and he’s moved on from street crime to immigration, with the ‘offied’ – off-world citizens or aliens to you and me.
Of course these aliens are helping out with the city’s waste problem, doing the kind of jobs that the citizens of Mega-City One aren’t willing to do themselves…
Will he build a wall? Or did Captain Marvel already try that?
JUDGE DREDD TOXIC #1 CVR A BUCKINGHAM
(W) Paul Jenkins (A) Marco Castiello (CA) Mark Buckingham
Celebrated British writer Paul Jenkins takes his first shot at Judge Dredd! The death of a genetically modified toxic waste worker leads to a startling discovery that fuels anti-immigration fervor and threatens to spill over into the streets of Mega-City One.
Cutting satire and gritty action from writer Paul Jenkins (Hellblazer, The Inhumans) and artist Marco Castiello (Star Wars)!
Covers by Jenkins’ Peter Parker: Spider-Man teammate Mark Buckingham (Fables, Marvelman)!
Painted variant covers by concept artist John Gallagher (The Flash, Supergirl)!
Ask your retailer about the rare black and white variant cover by Mark Buckingham!
Ask your retailer about the super-rare variant cover by Marco Castiello! In Shops: Oct 24, 2018 SRP: $3.99
- Preview: Zoe Quinn and Robbi Rodriguez’ Goddess Mode Launches Tomorrow - November 20, 2018
- So… How Are You Meant To Count Avengers Issue Numbers Now? - November 20, 2018
- Our First Look at Mark MIllar and Simone Bianchi’s Sharkey The Bounty Hunter for Netflix – With Covers From Frank Quitely and Matteo Scalera - November 20, 2018
- Archie Comics Collects Varsity Edition in February 2019 Solicitations - November 20, 2018
- Marvel Comics’ Full Solicits for February 2019 - November 20, 2018