This weekend at the Portland Retro Gaming Expo, Intellivision revealed their latest console that they’ll be bringing to the market called the Amico. According to reports from the event, the console will be released on October 10th, 2020, making it the company’s first official console release in 38 years. It will only play 2D games, which will be sold for prices between $3-8 with a library consisting of Intellivision-exclusive content, which sounds like the library will have new games but will also have the company’s entire retro library. One of the big talking points is that it will contain a special chip to push 2D graphics to their limit that it will supposedly look better than what you currently see on the PS4 and Xbox One.
The console will come with a pair of dial controllers that charge on top of the console itself, as well as a feature that will give up to 8 players the ability to connect to the device using their smartphone and an app. The price has not been finalized yet, as Intellivision president Tommy Tallarico said at the panel that it would run between $150-180. We have some photos of the console taken at the panel from Dual Shockers. What do you think of this console?
- Intellivision Releases a New Trailer for the Amico Console
- Atari Shows Off Their Atari Retro Handheld for the Holidays
- Save Me Mr. Tako! Receives a Release Date on Nintendo Switch
- Trial and Error by Fire: We Review Mega Man 11
- Details Slowly Coming Out About the New Intellivision Console
- Intellivision Announce a New Gaming Console Is on the Way
- Rob Dyer Joins Capcom as the Company’s New COO - November 12, 2018
- Galactic Civilizations III Receives a New Update with Fresh DLC - November 12, 2018
- Treyarch Releases the Nuketown Trailer for Black Ops 4 - November 12, 2018
- Watch Joseph Gordon-Levitt Play Magic: The Gathering - November 12, 2018
- Kingdom Two Crowns Will Be Released in December - November 12, 2018