We always knew that Aquaman was going to be a bit bonkers just in concept alone but it’s always fun to see it start to play out. Thus far the trailers have done a pretty good job of showing just how different this movie is going to be but director James Wan shared two new images to twitter that show off Willem Dafoe as Vulko riding an armored shark and Patrick Wilson’s King Orm riding an armored Tylosaur because everything is awesome.
There is still no telling whether or not the execution of Aquaman is going to work but it’s going to look like nothing we’ve ever seen before. It might be a superhero movie but that doesn’t mean we’re getting the same look as Justice League. The key to these cinematic universes is variety and the fact that Aquaman looks so different is a hint that maybe Warner Bros. is really starting to under stand that.
Summary: Arthur Curry learns that he is the heir to the underwater kingdom of Atlantis, and must step forward to lead his people and to be a hero to the world.
Aquaman is directed by James Wan, stars Jason Momoa, Amber Heard, Nicole Kidman, Patrick Wilson, Willem Dafoe, and will hit theaters on December 21st.
- Widows Review: A Dynamic and Fantastic Heist Movie - November 18, 2018
- 5 Amazing Movies That You Probably Missed in 2018 - November 18, 2018
- Johnny Depp Continues to Shatter the Magic of Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald - November 16, 2018
- 5 New Character Posters for Mary Poppins Returns - November 16, 2018
- DC Universe Announces the Premiere Date for Young Justice: Outsiders - November 16, 2018