While we’re still not sure which side of the dualing Child’s Play / Chucky projects we’re on, there are some interesting updates coming out of the MGM reboot currently filming.
One such thing is a set video shared by Brian Tyree Henry on his Instagram account, where he totally punks the cast of young actors and actresses. It’s kind of adorable:
We don’t know a whole lot about this remake other than the basics:
*Henry is leading the cast, along with Gabriel Bateman as Andy Barclay, and Aubrey Plaza as Andy’s mother.
*Tyler Burton Smith (Kung Fury 2) wrote the script.
*Lars Klevberg is directing.
*David Katzenberg and Seth Grahame-Smith (IT) are producing.
*Chucky will be a robot doll this time around, one who apparently “gets hacked by a factory worker to remove its limitations and make it a killer”.
We don’t have an expected release date yet, but we DO have a poster for Child’s Play featuring our first look at the new version of the murderous doll, Chucky:
- The Most Spectacular Weirdo is Hosting the Spirit Awards!
- Child's Play Reboot Gets Release Date in Cyber Monday Announcement
- First Image of Child's Play Reboot Shows Off New Chucky
- Aubrey Plaza In Talks for Child's Play Reboot for MGM
- Chucky Never Stops Being Creepy, New Doll Coming from Mezco
- Don Mancini Thanks Fans for Child's Play TV Series Support