In case you were looking forward to seeing the “intimacy mode” on your PS4 copy of Senran Kagura Burst Re:Newal, it won’t be there. XSEED Games sent out a notice this week on Twitter letting players know that due to Sony’s request, that mode will be removed from their copy of the game, but will remain int he Steam version for PC players.
The release of Senran Kagura Burst Re:Newal will be slightly delayed as we remaster to remove the interactive “Intimacy Mode” from the PS4 version. The Steam version will release with that mode intact and will launch simultaneously with PS4. We are looking forward to sharing the release date shortly and appreciate your patience.
— XSEED Games (@XSEEDGames) October 13, 2018
When asked about the reasoning, localization producer Tom Lipschultz stated on Twitter, “Because this is a brand new policy.” Basically, Sony decided people under the age of 18 couldn’t be trusted not to play the mode, or have adults lock that mode up using parental controls. But if you seriously need the adult content from the game, you have an option on PC.
- XSEED and Marvelous Announce Gal Metal Coming to the West
- The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel 1 & 2 Are Coming in 2019
- Fate/Extella Link is Getting a Western Release in Early 2019
- Ys: Memories of Celceta Gets a July Release on PC
- Shantae: Half-Genie Hero Sold Out of Switch Copies in Under 2 Weeks
- Chinese Ethics Board Orders Bans on Several Games Including PUBG and Fortnite - December 12, 2018
- Todd McFarlane Says Spawn Could be Coming to Mortal Kombat 11 - December 12, 2018
- Blizzard Pulls Holiday Overwatch Map After Players Get Stuck at Spawn - December 12, 2018
- Rainbow Six Siege Reveals Year 4 Pass Details - December 12, 2018
- Yu-Gi-Oh! TCG Will Launch Lost Art Promotional Cards in January - December 12, 2018