Playmobil: The Movie has added a bunch of people to the voice cast today. Meghan Trainor, Adam Lambert, Daniel Radcliffe, Gabriel Bateman, Anya-Taylor Joy, and Jim Gaffigan have all signed on to lend their voices to the production. The film is inspired by the ever-popular toy line. It is being directed by Lino DiSalvo, who was head of animation for some kids movie called Frozen, and also worked on Tangled and Bolt for Disney. While many studios have signed on to distribute the film overseas, the U.S. still has no distribution deal worked out. Open Road was going to do it, but will no longer be doing so after the bankruptcy of Global Road.
The film will follow the adventures of siblings Charlie (Bateman) and Marla (Taylor-Joy). When the former unexpectedly disappears into the animated universe of Playmobil, Marla must go on a quest to bring him home. During her adventures she teams up with some unlikely new friends, including smooth-talking food truck driver Del (Gaffigan), dashing and charismatic secret agent Rex Dasher (Radcliffe), a wholehearted misfit robot and an extravagant fairy-godmother (Trainor). Lambert will voice the character of villain Emperor Maximus.
As to be expected, both lambert and Trainor will also sing and contribute songs to the film, which as of now has no confirmed release date.
First seen on Deadline
- Commence The Purge Episode 7: We Are Sliding Off the Rails Now - October 17, 2018
- Star Wars Resistance Adds Elijah Wood to Cast in Sunday’s “Fuel for the Fire” - October 17, 2018
- [Review] Halloween: Back to Basics, and All the Better For It - October 17, 2018
- The Jerk gets a Blu-ray Remastering From Shout Factory in December - October 17, 2018
- Iron Man Model 42 Armor Coming in November From One:12 Collective - October 17, 2018