Playmobil: The Movie has added a bunch of people to the voice cast today. Meghan Trainor, Adam Lambert, Daniel Radcliffe, Gabriel Bateman, Anya-Taylor Joy, and Jim Gaffigan have all signed on to lend their voices to the production. The film is inspired by the ever-popular toy line. It is being directed by Lino DiSalvo, who was head of animation for some kids movie called Frozen, and also worked on Tangled and Bolt for Disney. While many studios have signed on to distribute the film overseas, the U.S. still has no distribution deal worked out. Open Road was going to do it, but will no longer be doing so after the bankruptcy of Global Road.
The film will follow the adventures of siblings Charlie (Bateman) and Marla (Taylor-Joy). When the former unexpectedly disappears into the animated universe of Playmobil, Marla must go on a quest to bring him home. During her adventures she teams up with some unlikely new friends, including smooth-talking food truck driver Del (Gaffigan), dashing and charismatic secret agent Rex Dasher (Radcliffe), a wholehearted misfit robot and an extravagant fairy-godmother (Trainor). Lambert will voice the character of villain Emperor Maximus.
As to be expected, both lambert and Trainor will also sing and contribute songs to the film, which as of now has no confirmed release date.
First seen on Deadline
- Mondo Celebrates the Holidays With Castlevania Puzzle and Krampus Tiki Mug - December 17, 2018
- Funko Round-Up: Titanic, Romeo+Juliet, Tons of Disney, and more! - December 17, 2018
- Godzilla Gets a Unique Figure From NECA- a 1956 Poster Version - December 17, 2018
- BC Toy Spotting: Fortnite, Funko, LEGO Movie 2, Star Wars, WWE, and More! - December 16, 2018
- Batman Your Kitchen With These New Seven 20 Products - December 13, 2018