We’ve just had one new Marvel character introduced with the power to, well, spit a lot. Mukus, a new member of the X-Men who thinks his name sounds way cooler if he changes the letter C to a K. Well it’s not the only saliva-based ability on display today from Marvel Comics.
And remember how Venom has always been displayed with a little excess saliva? Or the green quality? Turns out it’s not just a cool visual gimmick. It’s part of his power base as a symbiote.
In Venom #7, Donny Cates does an Al Ewing job and brings in Ultimate Reed Richards, The Maker, to deal with Venom. Complete with Sentence case lettering as well.
So, basically, green saliva is Venom’s shit, and is made of bullets, broken down. Which also ties in a little to Venom 2099. When the Venom symbiote joined up Kron Stone and by then had the power to generate corrosive acid blood and saliva. Yeah, just like in Alien. This new-explained ability may well tie in with that. You know, if you want it to…
(W) Donny Cates (A) Iban Coello (CA) Ryan Stegman
“THE ABYSS” STARTS HERE!
• Just when you thought the blockbuster story of the summer couldn’t get any more intense, Donny Cates and special guest artist and Venom veteran IBAN COELLO (VENOMVERSE, VENOMIZED) turn the story on its head AGAIN!
• But face front, True Believers, because it won’t be dragons and god-hosts and breakneck action this time. No, no. This time Donny and Iban are putting Eddie Brock through an emotional meat grinder the likes of which haven’t been seen in the Marvel Universe ever before!
Rated T+ In Shops: Oct 10, 2018 SRP: $3.99
- Kraven The Hunter Returns in March’s Amazing Spider-Man - December 14, 2018
- Now DC Comics Makes Border Town Back Issues Returnable - December 14, 2018
- Comixology Bestseller List, 14th December 2019 – An Annual Surprise - December 14, 2018
- Cambridge Analytica, the Sequel, in Drone Range of Parliament - December 14, 2018
- The Comic Shop Opens in Crawley, England, in Three Days Time - December 14, 2018