The question was asked at C.B. Cebulski’s panel at New York Comic Con today. And it was answered too. Young Avengers will be returning to Marvel Comics in 2019.
The editor-in-chief told a questioner in a Wiccan costume that the series would be returning in 2019 and that she would be “very happy”
Young Avengers, created by Allan Heinberg and Jim Cheung in 2005 featured adolescent characters with connections to established members of the Avengers. They originally featured in a twelve issue run, appeared in Civil War and The Children’s Crusade events, and more recently in 2013 were relaunched by Kieron Gillen and Jamie McKelvie.
The original series won the 2006 GLAAD Media Award for Outstanding Comic Book and the 2006 Harvey Award for Best New Series. The second iteration won Outstanding Comic Book at the 25th GLAAD Media Awards in 2014.
And now? It’s back… somehow. Somewhere. Somewhen…
- Free Nancy Drew #1 and Project Superpowers #1 To Launch Dynamite Groupees Bundles - December 16, 2018
- Frank Cho is Starting a Brand New Creator-Owned Comic - December 16, 2018
- The Daily LITG, 16th December 2018 – Happy Birthday, Tom Spurgeon - December 16, 2018
- Patrick Zircher Talks About His Trials With Editors - December 15, 2018
- New Ms Marvel Writer Seeks Mistakes Men Make When Writing About Teenage Girls - December 15, 2018