The question was asked at C.B. Cebulski’s panel at New York Comic Con today. And it was answered too. Young Avengers will be returning to Marvel Comics in 2019.
The editor-in-chief told a questioner in a Wiccan costume that the series would be returning in 2019 and that she would be “very happy”
Young Avengers, created by Allan Heinberg and Jim Cheung in 2005 featured adolescent characters with connections to established members of the Avengers. They originally featured in a twelve issue run, appeared in Civil War and The Children’s Crusade events, and more recently in 2013 were relaunched by Kieron Gillen and Jamie McKelvie.
The original series won the 2006 GLAAD Media Award for Outstanding Comic Book and the 2006 Harvey Award for Best New Series. The second iteration won Outstanding Comic Book at the 25th GLAAD Media Awards in 2014.
And now? It’s back… somehow. Somewhere. Somewhen…
- MCM London Debut: Five Years Later…. Josceline Fenton’s Hemlock #5 - October 22, 2018
- Frank Cho Gets His Ballpoint Out - October 22, 2018
- Amy Chu and Her Interns’ Commentary on Dejah Thoris #9 - October 22, 2018
- Zenscope’s Journey to MCM Via London’s Comic Shops - October 22, 2018
- The Daily LITG, 22nd October 2018 – Happy Birthday Steven Grant - October 22, 2018