This afternoon, a brand new tweet came up from the Toys R Us Twitter account that you could say didn’t really “sit well” with people online. As you may recall, the company filed for bankruptcy, tried a dozen ways to save itself, and then ultimately shut down stores across the U.S. A few remain in Canada, but that’s another story. The company was going to sell off their assets in an auction earlier this week, but pulled at the last moment. Today they announced that a subsidiary has secured all the company’s assets. But the way they went about it was a little insulting.
Guess who's back? He’s been traveling across the globe for the past few months but now #GeoffreysBack and once again ready to set play free for children of all ages. Share some of your favorite memories and get ready to make a whole lot of new ones! https://t.co/g4IMRXLsFP pic.twitter.com/VB2MjhnzKj
— ToysRUs (@ToysRUs) October 6, 2018
Now picture yourself being a Toys R Us employee and having to read that online after you lost your job. You don’t have to imagine, we have several here for you. Classy move, new owners… classy. We don’t expect anything at this point, because to predict if and when they’re coming back is a fool’s game at this point. For now, we leave you with some of our favorite reactions so far.
Can I have my job back
— Samantha (@xxxsamanthaxxx) October 6, 2018
— Geno4Smash (@Lunar_Sol_510) October 7, 2018
Open up to old locations and rehire the employees. Make it right with the people that had their source of income taken away from them for no reason.
— Jeremy S. Pumpkins (@PBAndAwesome) October 7, 2018
Idk about you but this was a pretty lit memory pic.twitter.com/AKR2zG2uo7
— TheScaryConn (@TheSeanConn) October 6, 2018
— ᒍon Arbuckle (@SupMyDudes101) October 6, 2018
How many millions does the new CEO get? And what percentage of those millions comes from the severance fund that they promised their former employees?
— SocMediaIsSometimesOk (@socmediaisdumb) October 7, 2018
Hmmm… I like that you're all back but you hurt me and millions of people who felt the pain of losing their jobs and remembered childhood memories, I feel this was all a publicity stunt. 🤔
— 🤘🏻Ed Nordrike Parker 🤘🏻 👨🎤 (@gonordrike) October 7, 2018
So lemme get this straight…. you wiped away all that history and our childhoods FOR NOTHING?
— Taylor the Wolf (@TaylorxxWolfie) October 7, 2018
- 'Coco' Funko Galore Coming Exclusively To Hot Topic And Toys R Us
- Force Friday II Is This Week – Here Is What Is Going On And Where
- Guardians, Netflix, Spider-Man, Deaths Head! Hasbro Marvel Legends New York Toy Fair
- Gay Marriage Issue Of Archie Sells Out, Despite One Million Mom Pressure
- Friday Runaround – From Turf To Trunks
- Predictably, Aimbots Have Come to Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 - October 19, 2018
- Insomniac Games Releases Two New Patches for Marvel’s Spider-Man - October 19, 2018
- Pac-Man Will Appear On Cans of Red Bull Because… Nostalgia? - October 19, 2018
- Check Out the Launch Trailer for Dark Souls: Remastered on Switch - October 19, 2018
- Dead By Daylight Launches “The Hallowed Blight” Halloween Event - October 19, 2018