At New York Comic-Con, Brian Bendis has just given the crowd the word that he will be bringing the United Planets from Legion of Super-Heroes into modern DC Comics continuity, at the end of his first arc in the Superman comic book. And giving the arc its title, Unity.
The United Planets is a governing body, active in the 30th and 31st Century, originally composed of Earth and a large number of other planets. The United Planets Inner Council has five members: the President of Earth and the heads of government of four other planets. One of those members serves as the president of the United Planets.
The capital of the United Planets was Metropolis though much of the government and bureaucracy of the United Planets moved to Weber’s World, an artificial world constructed for this purpose.
What this United Planets will be, we have yet to learn. But with DC Rebirth and Doomsday Clock threatening to being the Legion of Super-Heroes back into
Thanks to Bleeding Cool’s Hugh Sheridan for giving us the low down.
- Christopher Jones’ Cover For Doctor Who Day’s Thirteenth Doctor #1 - October 16, 2018
- More DC Comics Move From 20 to 22 Pages For $3.99 With Aquaman and Justice League Joining In - October 16, 2018
- Dan Slott Applies to Trademark a Comic Book Called ‘Future Me’ - October 16, 2018
- Details On The ‘King-Size’ Kirby Is Fantastic Hardcover From Marvel Comics – The First of Many - October 16, 2018
- Galactus Comes to the Fantastic Four in January - October 16, 2018