At New York Comic-Con, Brian Bendis has just given the crowd the word that he will be bringing the United Planets from Legion of Super-Heroes into modern DC Comics continuity, at the end of his first arc in the Superman comic book. And giving the arc its title, Unity.
The United Planets is a governing body, active in the 30th and 31st Century, originally composed of Earth and a large number of other planets. The United Planets Inner Council has five members: the President of Earth and the heads of government of four other planets. One of those members serves as the president of the United Planets.
The capital of the United Planets was Metropolis though much of the government and bureaucracy of the United Planets moved to Weber’s World, an artificial world constructed for this purpose.
What this United Planets will be, we have yet to learn. But with DC Rebirth and Doomsday Clock threatening to being the Legion of Super-Heroes back into
Thanks to Bleeding Cool’s Hugh Sheridan for giving us the low down.
- Kraven The Hunter Returns in March’s Amazing Spider-Man - December 14, 2018
- Now DC Comics Makes Border Town Back Issues Returnable - December 14, 2018
- Comixology Bestseller List, 14th December 2019 – An Annual Surprise - December 14, 2018
- Cambridge Analytica, the Sequel, in Drone Range of Parliament - December 14, 2018
- The Comic Shop Opens in Crawley, England, in Three Days Time - December 14, 2018