Remember how Telltale Games laid off their staff and got vilified on the internet and gaming community for it? The company has decided to double-down. According to the remaining staff, everyone left at the company on the skeleton crew that was going to finish up the remaining projects have been sacked. The news came to us via Twitter yesterday evening from a few members of the remaining 25 staffers, with the most prominent one coming from the studio’s narrative designer, Rachel Noel.
Heeeeyyyy remember how there was going to be a skeleton crew staying on for a while and I was part of it? Nah, jk, we all just got laid off, too.
— Retchel Necronoelicon (@anameformyself) October 4, 2018
Aside from the company’s internal problems and social media woes, they’re also being hit with a class-action lawsuit from the first round of former employees. It’s a horrible one-two punch from a company that essentially went from being in business to laying off everyone within two weeks. Hopefully, the remaining staffers can land on their feet with other companies soon.
- Former Telltale Games Employee Vents About Unpaid Overtime
- Gameplay for Telltale Games’ The Walking Dead Final Season Has Been Leaked
- Lionsgate To Invest In Telltale Games, Make Games Based On TV And TV Based On Games
- First, Very Teasing Teaser For Telltale Games' Game Of Thrones
- E3: Talking To Richard Iggo About Telltale Games’ Walking Dead Episode 2 And How Your Decisions Affect It
- Electronic Arts Releases a New Anthem Trailer With a Hint of Story - December 16, 2018
- Tetsuya Nomura Issues Twitter Statement on Kingdom Hearts III Leak - December 16, 2018
- Macaulay Culkin Visits the Angry Video Game Nerd for Christmas - December 16, 2018
- Epic Games Stops Leaker After Threatening Legal Action - December 16, 2018
- Microsoft Tracked Down Internal Leakers With Serial Number Embedding - December 16, 2018