Paradox Interactive posted a new update yesterday for Surviving Mars, letting players know a new expansion is on the way with Space Race. The expansion basically puts you in a sort of race against other countries and companies to become the best colonization organization on the red planet. And you do so by any means necessary. Here’s a brief rundown of the content as well as the announcement trailer, you can pre-order the expansion now but no release date has been given for it.
Surviving Mars: Space Race features include:
- A Challenger Appears: Compete for milestones, already limited resources, and anomalies with several other AI colonies backed by rival sponsors attempting to set roots on Mars and vie to become this planet’s superpower. You can trade with, respond to distress calls for, issue distress calls to, and even steal important colonists from these competitor colonies as you establish your territory on Mars.
- Earth to Mars, repeat, Earth to Mars: No matter how deep in space you go, you gotta follow the money. Each sponsor comes with its own sets of Challenges to complete as you further their individual goals for colonization.
- Represent the Dome Team: Each sponsor has their own unique vehicle and building that only their colonies can construct and take advantage of in their mission. Express the individuality of your space-faring conglomerate inside and out of your domes.
- New Money, New Problems: Meet two new players in the fight for the final frontier. Japan and Brazil are now available as brand new mission sponsors and are ready to move heaven and Mars to make their mark!
- Expect the Unexpected: Experience narrative events throughout your colonization process that help reveal the realities of life in the dome and challenge your management skills.
- Paradox Interactive Teams Up with Dottie Metcalf-Lindenberger for Surviving Mars
- Surviving Mars Finally Gets A Release Date For Console & PC
- Xbox One X WIll Be Enhancing Over 100 Games Old & New
- Wanna Live On Mars Kinda? You're Getting A Sim About It
- Digital Extremes Reveal Next Warframe DLC Coming in November - October 20, 2018
- Bandai Namco Boasts Three Million Sales of Tekken 7 - October 20, 2018
- Wargroove Developers Postpone the Release Until Early 2019 - October 20, 2018
- Amazon Leaks Contents to D&D’s Guildmasters’ Guide to Ravnica - October 20, 2018
- Splash Damage Announces That Development on Dirty Bomb Will End - October 20, 2018