Today is Benjamin Percy‘s final issue in his truncated run of Nightwing, and it’s a corker, with Richard Grayson, having been shot in the head, now a very different person, with different wants, desires – and names. Nightwing #50, out today…
For those of you still invested in the Barbara Gordon/Dick Grayson relationship… yeah, you’re not going to like this one.
And as for his name, it’s all a bit up in the air… with a mockingbird to boot.
He doesn’t even remember the Killing Joke… though I have heard that there are some people who might envy him in that.
Out today, with Chris Mooneyham and Travis Moore creating a solid difference between the pre-and-post shooting works for Dick Grayson. Sorry, I mean Gray. The new paper stock works as well, gave me an appropriately Norm Breyfogle feel for the past.
(W) Ben Percy (A) Chris Mooneyham, Travis Moore (CA) Mike Perkins
“Knight Terrors” begins here! The big issue #50 kicks off an epic four-part story that brings together critical moments of fear and doubt from the past and the present. A young Dick Grayson hopes to escape the shadow of the Bat and earn the title of Nightwing, while an older Dick Grayson must deal with a blow he did not see coming. A common enemy unites the timelines: the Scarecrow, as you’ve never seen him before! This story goes deep into the mythology and nightmarish development of Dr. Jonathan Crane. In Shops: Oct 03, 2018 SRP: $4.99
But he’ll always be Dick to someone – from today’s Batman #56…
- Thank FOC It’s Sunday #7 – That Was The Week That Was - December 16, 2018
- Win a Private Tour of DC Comics’ Archive for LGBTQ Charity - December 16, 2018
- Hindus Call For Apology From Marvel Over Uncanny X-Men #5 - December 16, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List 16th December 2018 – Batman Damned Beats The One Who Laughs - December 16, 2018
- Monica’s Gang/DC Comics Crossover Published in Brazil - December 16, 2018