Marvel’s Star Wars comic book series is, as far as LucasFilm’s Story Group is concerned, as canon as any of the Star Wars films. No more Expanded Universe, this is what counts. For now. The current Star Wars series written by Kieron Gillen and drawn by Salvador Larocca is set sometime between Star Wars: A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back – a little closer towards the latter than the former now.
In Star Wars: The Force Awakens, we learnt that Princess Leia was now General Organa. But when did she get that military promotion and rank as p[art of the Rebellion or the Resistance? Turns out it was a lot earlier than we thought – and she was not alone.
After the intergalactic battle that has been taking place over the past few months in the Star Wars comic which has stretched the limit as to how such a conflict can be handled in the comic medium, with all credit to those involved. But it is someone else getting the awards, with Return of The Jedi and Rogue One‘s Mon Mothma handing out the gongs.
General Organa, Commander Skywalker just like in Galaxy Of Heroes and… Colonel Solo? Don’t worry, he’ll be a General in a couple of films…
STAR WARS #55
(W) Kieron Gillen (A) Salvador Larroca (CA) David Marquez
"HOPE DIES” PART 6
• If anyone is to survive this disaster, sacrifice is needed…
• Who’s going to make it?
• If hope dies, what survives?
Rated T In Shops: Oct 03, 2018 SRP: $3.99
- 'Star Wars: Episode IX' Will Be "Magical" Says Billie Lourd
- Lucasfilm Orders Halt to Fan-Made Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
- Captain Marvel #1 Tops Advance Reorders - December 13, 2018
- Poison Ivy Death on the Cover of Heroes In Crisis #7 - December 13, 2018
- Cullen Bunn’s Writer’s Commentary on Vampirella Vs Reanimator #1 - December 13, 2018
- NYCC Event Director Mike Armstrong Promoted to Vice President at Reed POP Expo - December 13, 2018
- New Comic Store Opens in England – Wow Comix Bury - December 13, 2018