An overall television deal has been reached between Neil Gaiman and Amazon Studios it was announced late last night during a UK Amazon press conference. While no details (price point, possible time-line) are readily available on the deal yet, we do know that Gaiman will exclusively work with Amazon Studios on the creation of television series which will premiere globally on Amazon Prime Video in over 200 countries and territories.
Gaiman said of the deal:
“What decided me was how much I enjoyed working with the Amazon team on Good Omens. They are smart, gloriously enthusiastic people, who weren’t afraid of Good Omens being different but who were as determined as I was to make something as unique and exciting as it is. I’m thrilled to know that I’ll have a home at Amazon in the future where I can make television that nobody’s seen before, that’s quite unlike Good Omens, but just as unusual and just as much fun.”
Jennifer Salke, Head of Amazon Studios, added:
“Neil Gaiman is a phenomenally talented writer, who creates worlds that are compelling, multi-dimensional and narratively unique. His fans are ardent, vocal and passionate and we are fortunate to bring his gifted vision to the Prime Video audience.”
Neil Gaiman and Amazon Studios’ next project is Good Omens, which is set to premiere sometime in 2019. We’re expecting a real release date after the NYCC panel this week.
- San Diego Comic-Con Sells out Preview Night 2019 in an Hour - October 13, 2018
- ‘The Mandalorian’: Jon Favreau Teases Familiar Star Wars Prop - October 12, 2018
- James Wan Shares Film Magazine November ‘Aquaman’ Cover - October 12, 2018
- New Vikings Poster has Crowned [King] Ivar the Boneless - October 12, 2018
- FUNKO Has ‘Trading Places’ Pops Coming, But No Jamie Lee Curtis?! - October 11, 2018