An overall television deal has been reached between Neil Gaiman and Amazon Studios it was announced late last night during a UK Amazon press conference. While no details (price point, possible time-line) are readily available on the deal yet, we do know that Gaiman will exclusively work with Amazon Studios on the creation of television series which will premiere globally on Amazon Prime Video in over 200 countries and territories.
Gaiman said of the deal:
“What decided me was how much I enjoyed working with the Amazon team on Good Omens. They are smart, gloriously enthusiastic people, who weren’t afraid of Good Omens being different but who were as determined as I was to make something as unique and exciting as it is. I’m thrilled to know that I’ll have a home at Amazon in the future where I can make television that nobody’s seen before, that’s quite unlike Good Omens, but just as unusual and just as much fun.”
Jennifer Salke, Head of Amazon Studios, added:
“Neil Gaiman is a phenomenally talented writer, who creates worlds that are compelling, multi-dimensional and narratively unique. His fans are ardent, vocal and passionate and we are fortunate to bring his gifted vision to the Prime Video audience.”
Neil Gaiman and Amazon Studios’ next project is Good Omens, which is set to premiere sometime in 2019. We’re expecting a real release date after the NYCC panel this week.
- ‘Aquaman’ is the Live-Action ‘Atlantis: The Lost Empire’ - December 16, 2018
- Netflix’s ‘The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance’ Trailer Dropping Tomorrow? - December 16, 2018
- Rian Johnson’s Heartfelt ‘The Last Jedi’ Thanks, 1 Year Later - December 16, 2018
- Box Office: ‘Spider-Verse’ Tops With $35 Million - December 16, 2018
- ‘SUPERMAN THE MOVIE’: Profound Impact Still Felt on 40th Anniversary - December 15, 2018