This weekend, co-creator of The Outsiders, Mike W Barr, spoke out about the upcoming Young Justice: Outsiders animated series. There were quite a few comments in response. He writes in response…
Thanks to all who responded to my essay of 9/30/18 concerning Young Justice: Outsiders and my participation (or lack thereof) with it. Reaction broke down not much differently than I thought it would, with a few readers understanding my intention to be involved in the show, while most of them didn’t have much interest in knowing how the sausage was made, as long as it was broadcast on time. I still think the producers might be interested in the experience of a guy whose initial treatment of the Outsiders characters helped make their title the third best-selling DC book of its day.
One reader forwarded a link that disproved my contention that Katana, the co-creation of artist Jim Aparo and myself, was the only Asian super-heroine in the DCU. I had not heard of most of these characters; they seem to have been created after DC took me off the comp list. But I should have remembered Tsunami so that’s on me, and thanks for setting me straight.
Thanks to all who were intrigued or incensed enough to comment.
- Doctor Who Comes to BBC’s Children In Need Again - October 23, 2018
- The Daily LITG, 23rd October 2018 – Happy Birthday, Joe Illidge - October 23, 2018
- Dark Horse Comics Liquidates 48 Conan Collections - October 22, 2018
- Will Bunker Come to Titans TV Season 2? - October 22, 2018
- Warren Ellis Tells You What to Expect in Castlevania Season 2 From Netflix - October 22, 2018