There’s a film coming, The Life Of Captain Marvel mini-series is coming to an end. It’s New York Comic Con week. That has to mean… a new Captain Marvel #1. The New York Times was handed the scoop by Marvel PR. And thankfully they don’t have a paywall.
And she’s leaving her hometown from the recent series and moving back to New York with a new knowledge of her actual origins which were very much teased at the end of the last issue. Supermum?
The series will include Iron Man, Spider-Woman and a little romance. Well, James Rhodes is back from the dead – but it may not be him.
Kelly is quoted as saying “I think the character is incredibly important, maybe now more than ever. You really want her to be accessible to new and younger audiences who are going to see the movie, fall in love and want to seek out other Captain Marvel stories. But you really want to respect the fans who have loved the character for decades. I think there’s a razor’s edge there. There will definitely be some romance and it may be someone we all know and have seen before in Marvel Comics. This first arc has some female guest stars in an unexpected way” and as for what she calls “costume weirdness”, that “It’s a little bit of a risk, but I think people are going to respond to it.”
Look for more at New York Comic-Con obviously.
- More DC Comics Move From 20 to 22 Pages For $3.99 With Aquaman and Justice League Joining In - October 16, 2018
- Dan Slott Applies to Trademark a Comic Book Called ‘Future Me’ - October 16, 2018
- Details On The ‘King-Size’ Kirby Is Fantastic Hardcover From Marvel Comics – The First of Many - October 16, 2018
- Galactus Comes to the Fantastic Four in January - October 16, 2018
- Full Catalog For BOOM! Studios January 2019 Solicitations – Brings Buffy to the Yard With the Avant-Guards - October 16, 2018