Looks like Diamond Comic Distributor’s President Steve Geppi may have started a little early with his Godfather getup.
But participating comic stores will be running cosplay costume contests come the end of the month for their Hallowe’en ComicFest free comics day in the run-up to Hallowe’en.
Take a picture in costume and upload it to the Halloween ComicFest website to be entered to win great prizes, including a Grand Prize of a $500 shopping spree at your local comic shop. And, if you upload a photo in costume holding one of the 2018 Halloween ComicFest comics available in comic books shops, you can win even more.
Halloween ComicFest and Diamond Comic Distributors will be awarding $2,500 in comic book store shopping sprees to seventeen different winners.
How to Enter:
- Contestants dress up and take a photo in their best costume! Hold one of the Halloween ComicFest 2018 comics in the photo to increase the prizes you are eligible to win.
- Upload the photo to the Halloween ComicFest website at www.halloweencomicfest.com/
costumecontest and select one of five costume categories to enter the photo in: Superhero/Comics, TV/Movie, Video Games, Horror, and Original.
- Submit the photo between October 1, 2018 and November 8, 2018.
From Thursday, November 1st through Thursday, November 8th, fans will be able to vote for their favorite photo entries on the HCF website or Facebook page. The adult and child who earn the most votes in their respective categories will each receive a $100 shopping spree to their local comic shop.
Two Grand Prize winners, one child and one adult, will be picked at random to receive a $500 shopping spree to their local comic shop! Five additional winners, one from each costume category, will be selected at random to receive a $100 shopping spree. To win the $500 Grand Prize or one of the five random $100 prizes, contestants must be holding one of the Halloween ComicFest 2018 comics in their entry photo.
“This year, we expect the number of participants in the costume contest to increase since you don’t need to have a Halloween ComicFest comic in your photo to enter or win! But keep in mind, you can win more prizes and bigger prizes if you do have the comic in your photo,” said Halloween ComicFest spokesperson Ashton Greenwood.
“Comic shops are packed with horror-themed comics, graphic novels, and merchandise, and our goal for Halloween ComicFest is to introduce fans to comic shops as premiere destinations for spooky, Halloween fun! On October 27th, they’ll be filled with customers picking up Halloween ComicFest comics in addition to experiencing all the fun events local comic shops will have planned. We look forward to seeing all the creative costumes people wear to win and the free comic they received this year!”
To learn more about the costume contest, Halloween ComicFest activities, and to find a participating comic shop, visit www.halloweencomicfest.com. For complete Halloween ComicFest Costume Contest rules,www.halloweencomicfest.com/
- Christopher Jones’ Cover For Doctor Who Day’s Thirteenth Doctor #1 - October 16, 2018
- More DC Comics Move From 20 to 22 Pages For $3.99 With Aquaman and Justice League Joining In - October 16, 2018
- Dan Slott Applies to Trademark a Comic Book Called ‘Future Me’ - October 16, 2018
- Details On The ‘King-Size’ Kirby Is Fantastic Hardcover From Marvel Comics – The First of Many - October 16, 2018
- Galactus Comes to the Fantastic Four in January - October 16, 2018