There may be one dead Joker in the upcoming Adventures Of The Secret Sons and another in Batman Damned but there are some semi-fond reminiscences in this week’s Harley Quinn … last place I’d think to see them.
But first, some Captain America-like takes of a man out of time trying to be a superhero in the year and now. With Golden Age superhero Captain Triumph, published in 1943 by Quality Comics and whose intellectual property has been passed down the line to be owned by Warner Bros… a superhero who gains his powers when he merged with the ghost of his dead brother.
Yeah, the forties were a dark time… here’s a preview courtesy of Comic Book.
HARLEY QUINN #51
(W) Sam Humphries (A) Sami Basri (CA) Guillem March
Harley broke most of DCU continuity last issue, and in this ish, she’s dealing with the fallout, namely the time-tossed hero of World War II called Captain Triumph! The golden boy of the Golden Age finds his black-and-white approach failing miserably in the gray areas of the modern world (although unfortunately, there are still plenty of fascists for him to punch). It’s up to Harley to return Captain Triumph to his own time, but she’ll have to put the kibosh on his do-gooding first-right after she figures out what “kibosh” means! In Shops: Oct 03, 2018 SRP: $3.99
- Thank FOC It’s Sunday #7 – That Was The Week That Was - December 16, 2018
- Win a Private Tour of DC Comics’ Archive for LGBTQ Charity - December 16, 2018
- Hindus Call For Apology From Marvel Over Uncanny X-Men #5 - December 16, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List 16th December 2018 – Batman Damned Beats The One Who Laughs - December 16, 2018
- Monica’s Gang/DC Comics Crossover Published in Brazil - December 16, 2018