Tonight, I took myself to the Hammersmith Apollo to see the latest League Of Gentlemen stage show, featuring Steve Pemberton, Mark Gatiss and Reece Shearsmith reprising the characters of Royston Vasey for the stage. And what began as a series of short vignettes reminiscent of their earlier pre-radio pre-TV work I remember from the Canal Cafe in Maida Vale, with a Legs Akimbo dance finale before the interval, it transformed in the second half into a full-scale stage invasion of oversized props, multi-media, quick changes and sequels to the previous TV series, revealing what happened to Tubbs in the photo booth and the wife mine with Papa Lazarou, and just how Pauline managed to survive her own death… and just what Ross remembers from that fateful afternoon together…
Hilarious, very silly, utterly foul, with the earlier material timed to a fast-paced perfection reminiscent of the like of Who’s On First with pathos. Odds are there’ll be a DVD or similar for Christmas…
And while I attended solo, I found myself sitting, in the gods at the end of the aisle to two familiar faces, one from Forbidden Planet and one from Titan Comics. Which everyone knows is basically the same thing.
Turns out that Forbidden Planet is a local shop for local people.
We’ll have no trouble here…
- The Daily LITG – 18th October 2018 - October 18, 2018
- Titan Scorch Earth on Diablo Comic Book Listings - October 17, 2018
- DC Comics Cancels All Orders for Sandman: Overture Gallery Edition – For Now - October 17, 2018
- Tibalt Appears on Magic The Gathering: Chandra #3, Fandom Goes Wild - October 17, 2018
- Fortnite Parody Comic ‘Fartnite’ to be Published From Remy Eisu Mokhtar and Chris Crosby - October 17, 2018